Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University (APU) first opened its doors in 2000 thank to a collaboration between the Ritsumeikan Trust, Oita Prefecture and Beppu City. With an entirely new multicultural learning environment consisting of half international students and half Japanese/domestic students, APU’s aim was to provide an international education that lead to the development of global leaders, working in a diverse range of fields and industries. In these past fifteen years, this goal has not only been reached as APU now has over 10,000 alumni from over one hundred thirty countries and regions.
APU will automatically recommend outstanding eligible candidates to the scholarship organization.
About the Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded to outstanding international students who are recommended by APU. The Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) provides this scholarship with the aim of enhancing the international competitiveness and promoting the active exchange of international students to study
Undergraduate, Masters & Ph.D in Japanese universities.
- 1.Intend to study abroad in Japan from overseas
- 2.Not have Japanese nationality and be a national of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan
- 3.Be born on or after April 2, 1985
Notes:Those who are serving on active military duty or civilians employed by the military at the time of application are not eligible for this scholarshipRecipients must be able to arrive in Japan during the arrival period stipulated by APUThose who apply for this scholarship cannot have received a MEXT scholarship in the past unless they have more than 3 years of educational research experience after the final payment of the previous MEXT scholarship awardThose who apply for this scholarship cannot be applying for another MEXT scholarshipRecipients of this scholarship cannot receive a scholarship from another scholarship organization while studying at APURecipients of this scholarship must have student as their status of residence (visa status) in Japan
- 100% of tuition (covered by the APU Tuition Reduction Scholarship)
- 144,000 JPY per month for living expenses (amount subject to change)
- Economy class air travel between the home country and APU at the beginning and end of the program
September 2020 Enrollment: August 1, 2019 (Thu) – November 19, 2019 (Tue)
Not available for April 2020 enrollment.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
- 1.Submit the APU application by November 19, 2019. Additional documents are not required to be considered for this scholarship.
- 2.APU reviews application documents and selects outstanding candidates to recommend to MEXT
- 3.Applicants selected to be recommended for this scholarship are notified with their final APU application results
- 4.Selected applicants complete and submit additional MEXT (SGU) application documents to APU
- 5.The final scholarship award results are decided by MEXT
APU ONLINE APPLICATION SYSTEM
Welcome to Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University’s online application system. This system is available to international undergraduate applicants and graduate program applicants in order to get information about APU and complete APU’s online application.
If you are an undergraduate applicant and possess Japanese nationality (including dual Japanese nationality) of any form, please click here for your information/application. By registering with our online application system, you can:
- Submit your application online
- Connect with APU students directly
- Get useful information for applications and events
- Pay your application fee by credit card