Application Deadline is 15 November 2019
The CrossCulture Programme (CCP) enables professionals and committed volunteers to think outside of the cultural box! Each year around 80 fellowship recipients from host organisations in Germany or in one of the over 35 partner countries gain experience in intercultural networks. Through occupational stays abroad, the programme enables and promotes actors from the cultural, educational, scientific, artistic and medial sectors to work together.
The goal of the CrossCulture Programme is to strengthen lasting civil society networks between Germany and countries across the globe. The programme was launched in 2005 and now counts over 750 alumni to its ever-growing network
The CrossCulture Programme (CCP) enables professionals and committed volunteers to think outside of the cultural box! Each year around 80 fellowship recipients from host organisations in Germany or in one of the over 35 partner countries gain experience in intercultural networks. Through occupational stays abroad, the programme enables and promotes actors from the cultural, educational, scientific, artistic and medial sectors to work together. The goal of the CrossCulture Programme is to strengthen lasting civil society networks between Germany and countries across the globe. The programme was launched in 2005 and now counts over 750 alumni to its ever-growing network.
With the CCP Fellowships, the CrossCulture Programme (CCP) funds around 80 professionals and committed volunteers from over 35 countries each year. During two to three months of practical training in host organisations in Germany or in CCP partner countries, participants deepen their expertise and acquire intercultural skills. In turn, the host organisations benefit from the expertise, regional knowledge and networks of the CCP fellows. The participants then bring their experiences gained abroad into their everyday working life when they return to their home organisation.
CCP Fellowships enables professionals and committed volunteers to work in an intercultural environment for two to three months and to gather new skills. All information about the application process and requirements can be found here.
Whom is the programme designed for?
Fellowships are principally awarded to people working in one of the following fields:
- Policy and society
- Media and culture
- Human rights and peace
- Sustainable development
In addition, from 2019 to 2023 the following key issues will be the focus for those interested in applying for compatible host organisations:
- Civic & citizenship education
- Digital civil society
Civic & citizenship education provides both young people and adults with the knowledge and skills that enable them to shape society. Against the background of current challenges such as populism, fake news and hate speech, non-formal political education, especially in connection with digital media, is gaining in importance for an active and democratically organised civil society. People working in civic & citizenship education and pursuing goals in the fields of work listed above will be supported with these key issues.
Countries currently participating in the programme are:
Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Egypt, Georgia, Germany, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Palestinian Territory, Qatar, Republic of Moldova, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan.
What does the funding include?
First and foremost, this programme provides financial support for the fellowship recipients.
ifa covers the following costs for fellowship recipients from abroad:
• A monthly allowance of 550 euros
• Roundtrip airfare
• A monthly ticket for public transport within the place of residence
• A refund of applicable visa fees
• Health insurance
ifa covers the following costs for scholarship recipients from Germany:
• A monthly allowance of 1,100 euros
• A refund of roundtrip airfare
• A refund of applicable visa fees
• Health insurance
No provisions will be made for travelling with family members such as spouse or children. ifa assumes no costs or responsibility for other persons beyond the fellowship recipient.
What are the prerequisites?
- The applicant must be between the ages of 23 and 45 at the time of the application.
- Good written and spoken English skills.
- At least two years of proven professional experience or volunteer work in a civil society organisation in the country of origin.
- The applicant is in good health for a longer stay abroad.
- The applicant has been and is socially engaged for the long-term.
- The applicant can prove full-time experience in his or her field of work.
- A collaboration with an organisation in the target country is in progress or planned.
- The applicant possesses other language skills, particularly, German language skills.
Exclusionary criteria for the application: Students cannot participate in the programme!!
Application in 3 steps
- Open the ifa application portal and select the fellowship of your choice.
- Complete the application form and upload your documents. Since the application system cannot cache any input, all documents should be ready for the upload at the start of the application.
- Submit the completed application online via the application portal.
Incomplete applications, applications sent by email and applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
What application documents are required?
- Curriculum vitae in English with details about education/training, work experience, volunteering and other skills.
- Letter of motivation using the Template.
- Letter of recommendation from the applicant’s home organisation/workplace in the applicant’s country of origin, for example from a supervisor, using the Template.
- Photo is optional.
What happens after applying?
After the documents have been sent through the application portal, all applicants will receive an acknowledgment of receipt by email.
Selected candidates are invited to an interview at the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany. When possible, ifa employees will also take part in the interview alongside representatives of the embassy. In exceptional cases, the selection interviews will take place by phone or via Skype.
Candidates who have been accepted to the programme will be informed by email prospectively by the end of January. Rejections will be sent without further explanation by email.
Application deadline is 15 November 2019
Documents to download
The necessary templates for the application and more information are available to download here.