Free Access to IMA Resources
Management accountants are vital to the financial health of organizations. They make critical decisions, safeguard a company’s integrity, and plan for business sustainability. They might be CFOs and controllers, budget analysts and treasurers, or one of many other game changers on internal teams. Most of all, as the majority of the accounting and financial workforce, they help drive an organization’s strategy and value amid an unpredictable market.
IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants) is the worldwide association of accountants and financial professionals in business. Founded in 1919, we are one of the largest and most respected associations focused exclusively on advancing the management accounting profession. We are committed to empowering our 125,000+ members—and those throughout the rest of the profession—to strengthen on-the-job skills, better manage companies, and accelerate careers. We invite our members to discover the myriad possibilities within the profession and build an actionable future in management accounting.
Our global reach
150 countries, and more than 300 professional and student chapters.
Our unique approach
The only organization to offer the CMA® (Certified Management Accountant), our high-ROI credential, that’s always earned through a multi-part exam.
To be the leading resource for developing, certifying, connecting, and supporting the world’s best accountants and financial professionals in the business. To achieve this, we endeavor to:
Provide best-in-class certification—the CMA—for critical internal financial management responsibilities, including planning, budgeting, business reporting, decision analysis, and risk management.
Support members’ career development through access to an active professional community, continuing education, valuable information, and resources.
Support members and their organizations in driving business performance by promoting the highest ethical standards for internal financial management practices.
Building successful careers and organizations require the ability to rise above shifting business landscapes. At IMA, we are pleased to support the journey.
IMA’s mission is to provide a forum for research, practice development, education, knowledge sharing, and advocacy of the highest ethical and best business practices in management accounting and finance
Keep learning and growing during this challenging time
As we work through the COVID-19 pandemic together, IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants) wants to help those in the accounting and finance profession keep moving forward as best they can during this disruption. Therefore, we are making select IMA resources available free to nonmembers for 90 days.
Each year, IMA conducts more than 60 webinars that are eligible for NASBA continuing professional education (NASBA CPE) credits. Here is a sample of the webinars to be held in April.
- CFO 3.0: Digital Transformation Beyond Financial Management
- The CMA Exam: Test-taking Tips and Strategies
- Optimizing Technology Investments to Drive Productivity
IMA Data Analytics & Visualization Fundamentals Certificate™:
New! Now through June 30*, learn how emerging technologies are driving change across businesses and develop new skills in data analytics and visualization. Earn an IMA professional certificate, a digital badge, and 9 NASBA CPE credits.
IMA Strategy and Competitive Analysis Learning Series®
Exclusive opportunity to access this package for free until June 30**. This series of five engaging, online courses and practice question bank is aligned to the content of the CSCA® (Certified in Strategy and Competitive Analysis) credential. Earn up to 21 NASBA CPE credits.
IMA’s “Webinars on Demand”
This highly rated series covers key management accounting topics. Explore Webinars on Demand: Technology, Webinars on Demand: Leadership, and Webinars on Demand: Leadership II.
IMA Excel 365
Tips in Ten: Learn about the latest Excel features through these 10-minute, mobile-friendly nano courses, expertly presented by Mr. Excel.
- CareerDriver®: An online career management tool that helps you assess your skills and match them to 46 job roles. Build a customized development plan with the help of more than 1,000 resources, including self-study courses, webinars, podcasts, publications, and on-the-job activities.
- IMA Leadership Academy: A resource for supporting leadership education to aid in career advancement. Monthly Leadership Academy webinars cover various topics, including coaching, team building, conflict resolution, and problem solving.
- myIMA Network: Explore IMA’s exclusive global, online network of professionals to connect with peers on topics that interest you, or to gain support as you study for the CMA® (Certified Management Accountant) exam.
- Our 300+ chapters and councils for students and professionals around the globe offer services at the local level, including professional education programs as well as leadership, mentoring, and community service
IMA has been at the forefront of providing relevant, actionable research for the profession for more than 100 years. Research reports, white papers, an award-winning magazine, and many more resources are available to you
- Small Business Planning During COVID-19
- Count Me In, IMA’s podcast: Ep. 22: Amy Vetter – Work-Life Balance with Technology & Innovation
- Strategic Finance magazine, “The Value of Trust”