Master of Business Administration (MBA) Scholarships University of Miskolc Fully Funded
Application Deadline: Jan 15, 2020 23:59 | Europe/Budapest time
Study location: Hungary, Miskolc
Type: Master, full degree studies
Nominal duration: 4 semesters (120 ECTS)
Study language: English
Course code: Economic Science
University of Miskolc
The Campus of Traditions, Knowledge and Community Spirit
Located in a relaxed ambience
A unique campus in a beautiful natural environment, up-to-date laboratories, lecture halls, workshops, dormitories and facilities for sport, culture and entertainment – this is the University of Miskolc.
Founded in 1735, as an institute of training specialists for mining and metallurgy serving as a model to many polytechnic institutes in the world, the University of Miskolc has always occupied a significant position in the cultivation of sciences, in professional education and training. During the last few decades of the 20th century, the Institution developed into a fully-fledged colourful university with the traditional three technical faculties (Earth Sciences, Materials Sciences, Mechanical Engineering and Informatics) and the new faculties of Economy, Law, Arts and Humanities, Health Care and Music, also courses of continuing education, or higher level vocational training. The University has approximately 10.000 students and close to 600 academic staff assisted by approximately equal number of technical and administrative employees.
Most buildings of the University can be found in Egyetemváros (‘University Town’), a unique and spacious campus, which was built in the fashion of the American campus model and it is surrounded by a large park. The University Town – with its 850.000 square meters territory – is a part of the city of Miskolc. Bartók Béla Music Institute, which was integrated into the university in 1997, can be found in the Palace of Music downtown.
The University has cooperation agreements with over 150 foreign universities, along with 160 bilateral agreements in the ERASMUS mobility programme. The University of Miskolc is the first Hungarian institution which won the ’Higher Education Quality Award’ in 2008.
The long historical traditions are combined with novel directions in research and education. The high quality of education at the University of Miskolc is demonstrated not only by the number of professional awards received, but also by the increasing interest from foreign and Hungarian students to choose the University of Miskolc for pursuing studies at the highest academic level. Our graduates are demanded by a wide scale of potential employers.
Miskolc is a city situated in North-East Hungary, and has been mostly known for its industry. It is also the seat of Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén County and the scientific and cultural centre of the North Hungarian Region.
From Miskolc, the famous Tokaj wine region is within easy reach and nice excursions can be taken to the nearby mountains and lakes, or to historical towns including Eger, Sárospatak and the beautiful Szilvásvárad.
The University of Miskolc welcomes purposeful and motivated students who aim to be qualified at a traditional yet modern and fresh academic environment.
MBA Entry Qualification
Bachelor diploma (or higher)
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original
You must take the original entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
This high-standard MBA programme provides students with thorough theoretical foundations while putting emphasis on improving business skills through the Faculty’s active and extensive relations with industry leaders and top companies. Our widely recognized full-time MBA programme is particularly useful for the next generation of managers and leaders. It is a unique training with a focus on simulations, peer learning, professional debates and solving case studies. The programme provides the opportunity to further develop business and leadership skills and to create professional networks. During the two-year long MBA program our students first learn about the various fields of Management then acquire deeper knowledge through specializations in Finance, Marketing, HR or Economics Theory and Methodology and several optional courses:
- Finance: Accounting and Finance, Managerial Economics, Corporate Finance, SAP Business Administration
- Marketing: Marketing Management, Marketing Research -Market Analysis, Digital Marketing, Integrated Marketing Communication
- HR: Human Resource Management, Organizational Behavior and Leadership, Personality Development
- Management: Operation and Innovation Management, Strategic and Change Management, Project Management. Quality Management
- Economics Theory and Methodology: Research Methodology, Quantitative Statistical Methods, Decision Making Theory and Methods, World Economics, Intermediate International Economics
- Optional Courses*: Network Economics, Applied GIS (Geographic Information System), Regional Economics, International Trade, Business Intelligence, Game Theory (*The list of available optional courses is subject to change each year)
The multiple objectives for graduates of the MBA programme are to develop in-depth knowledge of management topics, build your career plans through specializations, broaden horizons by studying alongside students from a vast range of backgrounds, learn through practical applications with case studies, and prepare to take on high-paying jobs with major responsibilities in tomorrow’s demanding economic environment.
Applications are accepted from the following territories (based on citizenship):
Albania, Algeria, Angola, Argentina, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Cambodia, Cape Verde, China, Colombia, Cuba, Ecuador, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Georgia, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Macedonia, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Myanmar (Burma), Namibia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Paraguay, Philippines, Russia, Serbia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, State of Palestine, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen.
Language Requirements: English: B2 level (necessary fluency to communicate)
- exemption from the payment of tuition fee
- non-degree, bachelor’s, master’s and one-tier master’s level: monthly amount of HUF 43,700 (cca EUR 130) contribution to the living expenses in Hungary, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies
- free dormitory place or a contribution of HUF 40,000/month to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period (Please note that if the student does not live in the dormitory, the HUF 40,000/month is a contribution to that rental costs, and in bigger cities – especially in the capital city – this contribution would not cover the full amount of rental costs.)
- health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act LXXX of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 65,000 (cca EUR 195) a year/person
Please bear in mind that these provisions are only a contribution to the living expenses of the Scholarship Holders. It means that it does not fully cover all the costs of living and the students need to add their own financial resources in order to cover all living expenses in Hungary. All applicants are highly advised to check the expected living expenses both in Hungary and in the city that they wish to live in before applying; please do check our Cost of Living Calculator by clicking here: http://www.studyinhungary.hu/living-in-hungary/menu/your-costs-of-living.html
Call for Applications 2020/2021
Call for Applications for doctoral programmes 2020/2021
Application Process 2020/2021
Application Process for doctoral programmes 2020/2021
Sending Partners and Available Study Programmes
Host Institutions and Institutional Programme Coordinators
Rights and Obligations