Boston University (BU) in the US is offering 20 Trustee Scholarships for undergraduate students from anywhere in the world for 2020-2021. In addition to exceptional academic credentials, Trustee Scholars are intellectually and creatively adventurous and demonstrate viewpoints, experiences, or achievements beyond the usual. They are, in other words, not just top students, but extraordinarily well-rounded individuals. At BU, Trustee Scholars become part of a unique campus community that offers many intellectual, cultural, and social opportunities.
Areas of study:
- Arts & Sciences.
- Fine Arts.
- General Studies.
- Health & Rehabilitation Sciences.
- Global Studies.
- Education & Human Development.
- Rank in the top 5% of you high school class.
- Have SAT scores above 1500 or ACT scores above 33.
- Have TOEFL above 90-100, and minimum scores of 20 in each section, or IELTS of 7 or higher.
- Have shown incredible extracurricular achievements in you schools and communities.
- Choose from one of the two prompts below and submit one essay, in 600 words or less, as part of your application through the Common or Coalition Application:
- School can often seem like work: a set of responsibilities, obligations, and tasks to be completed. But Trustee Scholars are creative and curious, rather than merely dutiful. Give a glimpse of an intellectual pursuit or challenge that absorbs you, gives you joy, or provokes your curiosity, and say why.
- One of BU’s most distinguished alumni, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., wrote that “The time is always right to do what’s right.” Is there a time when you sought equity and fairness by challenging a social norm? Or, can you share an example of how you can imagine yourself helping to create a more inclusive and fair community?
Value of scholarship:
A Trustee Scholarship covers full undergraduate tuition plus mandatory undergraduate student fees, and is renewable for four years if certain criteria are met.
About Boston University:
Boston University is one of the leading private research and teaching institutions in the world today, with two primary campuses in the heart of Boston and programs around the world.. The university has more than 35,000 students from more than 130 countries, over 10,000 faculty and staff, 17 schools and colleges, and more than 300 programs of study. The university offers bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, doctorates, and medical, dental, business, Engineering and law degrees.
Opportunity Targeting : Undergraduate Students
Funding : Partial funding
Opportunity Coverage : Tuition fee
Opportunity will take place in : United States
Required Documents : Transcript of Records, Copy of Passport, Language Certificate, Recommendation Letter, others
How to Apply
Submit the Common or Coalition Application and all required materials for admission to one of the undergraduate degree programs at BU, then complete the Trustee Scholarship essay on the Common or Coalition Application as part of your application to BU. You are also required to submit the following documents”
- Secondary School Records
- English Proficiency Testing Results (TOEFL / IELTS scores)
- Standardized Tests (SAT / ACT scores)
- Copy of Data Page of Passport
- Counselor Recommendation and School Report Form
- Teacher Recommendation
Please note: Deadline will be on 1 December 2020.