About Albukhary International University (AIU)
Albukhary International University (AIU) is a private non-profit educational institution, a fully residential campus with state-of-the-art facilities. It was founded on the twin philosophy of Faith in God and Compassion for Humankind with the aim to provide opportunities to bright students from underprivileged and disadvantaged backgrounds to receive tertiary education and transform them into holistic, adaptable, balanced, well-rounded, and life-ready graduates who will be agents of change in societies.
The Albukhary Scholarship Programme
Providing an opportunity to talented and driven students in efforts to empower them to be agents of change in irrespective communities is at the heart of Albukhary Foundation’s contribution to education.
Admission and Criteria
Apply online through apply.aiu.edu.my Download User Manual for clear instructions on how to complete the application form and Upload all required documents.
Applicants accepted by Senate and who fulfill the Scholarship criteria will be called for face-to-face or Skype interviews.
The results of the interview will be tabled to the Scholarship Committee for final decision.
Candidates who accept the AIU offer will proceed to EMGS for the student pass application.
Candidates with approved e-VAL will be able to come and register at AIU, subject to post-medical check-up results.
- This scholarship is only offered to academically qualified candidates to pursue a Bachelor’s Degree Programme, Foundation Programme, and English language classes at Albukhary International University (AIU). It is open to Malaysian and international students.
- Scholarships are offered to candidates aged 18 to 22 during the academic year of admission at AIU.
- Candidates must be single at the time of application and throughout the course of study at AIU.
- Scholarships are offered to candidates from low-income families; for Malaysian candidates with a total monthly income of Category 1 (Sabah & Sarawak) RM 2,400, Category 2 (Johor, Kedah, Kelantan, Melaka, Negeri Sembilan, Pahang, Perak, Perlis, Pulau Pinang, Terengganu) RM 2,900, Category 3 (Selangor, W.P. KL, W.P. Putrajaya,
- W.P. Labuan) RM 5,300 and for international candidates with a total monthly income of 300 USD and below.
- The scholarship will only be offered to one (1) candidate per family. Candidates with a family member who has received a scholarship from the Albukhary Foundation will not be offered.
- Candidates are not allowed to work throughout the course of study at AIU and cannot receive other scholarships/financial aid while under the sponsorship of the Albukhary Foundation.
- There are two categories of scholarships offered – full scholarships and partial scholarships. Full scholarships include full tuition fees, hostel fees, and a monthly meal allowance. Partial scholarships cover one or two of the items mentioned.
- Age between 18 and 22 years old.
- Single marital status.
- Household income below USD 300 for international applicants and MYR 2,400 (Sabah and Sarawak), MYR 5,300( W.P Kuala Lumpur, W.P Putrajaya & W.P Labuan) or MYR 2,900 (Perlis, Kedah, Pulau Pinang, Perak, Kelantan, Terengganu, Johor, Melaka, Negeri Sembilan, Pahang).
Scholarship Interview Assessment Criteria
Upon fulfilling the academic and scholarship criteria, an applicant will be called for an interview session and the following aspects will be assessed thoroughly during the interview session.
*Please note that AIU reserves the full right to reject or terminate any application for a scholarship that contains plagiarism or fraudulent information without prior notice to the applicant.
Criteria for Assessment
- Socio-economic status 40%
- Communication skills 25%
- Personality & attitude 20%
- Defense of Personal Statement 15%
- Interview face-to-face or online via Skype
- Interview and house visit for candidates who stay in Malaysia
The scholarship application is subject to approval by the Scholarship Committee. The decision made is final and no appeal will be entertained.