Early Childhood Development Officer – UNICEF Internship in Kuwait
Internship Announcement: Early Childhood Development Officer, in Kuwait
|Location:||Egypt, Algeria, Morocco, Djibouti, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, State of Palestine (SoP), Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Tunisia, Yemen, Gulf Area Office (GAO), Saudi Arabia, Utd.Arab.Emir., Kuwait, Qatar|
|Categories:||Early Childhood Development|
|Advertised:||07/09/2022 E.Africa Standard Time|
|Deadline:||23/09/2022 E.Africa Standard Time|
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
Apply for King Abdulaziz University Scholarships In Saudi Arabia
For every child, hope
UNICEF has been working in Kuwait for many years, but in November 2020, it set up its first office/presence in Kuwait. As per the current Country Program Document defining the program priorities for the period 2019-2023, the Kuwait UNICEF Office`s work will prioritize: Child Protection, Early Childhood Development, Knowledge Generation and Partnerships as well as other key areas of interest to Kuwait, including Education and Learning, Child Health, Innovation and Adolescent/Youth engagement, Children with Disabilities among other priorities under UNICEF`s mandate. UNICEF in Kuwait works closely with line Ministries as well as key civil-society partners in the public and private sector.
Apply for Monash University Masters And PhD Scholarships In Australia | Funded By The Australian Government
The Early Childhood Development Officer reports to the Chief of Early Childhood Development for guidance and general supervision. The Specialist supports the development and preparation of the Early Childhood Education Programme(s) and is responsible for the management, implementation, monitoring, reporting, and evaluation of the child protection programmes/projects within the country programme. The Specialist provides technical guidance and management support throughout the programming processes. H/She facilitates the administration and achievement of concrete and sustainable contributions to national and international efforts to create a protective environment for children against all harm, and to protect their rights to survival, development and well being as established under the Convention on the Rights of the Child, international treaties/frameworks and UN intergovernmental bodies. The Specialist contributes to the achievement of results according to plans, allocation, results based management approaches and methodology (RBM), and UNICEF’s Strategic Plans, standards of performance and accountability framework
Apply for Al Qasimia University Scholarship For Bachelor’s Study In The United Arab Emirates (UAE)
How can you make a difference?
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Early Childhood Development, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Assist in managing the integrated early childhood development initiative focusing on early detection and intervention activities;
- Provide support with the implementation of the projects on nutrition and immunization with a focus on the most vulnerable children;
- Assist with the design and management of new projects, and support the implementation of activities in various municipalities.
- Conduct field visits to liaise with partners, monitor and evaluate ongoing projects, prepare trip report and recommend adjustments as needed;
- Attend meetings with governmental and non-governmental counterparts;
- Liaise with and provide technical support to government counterparts and non-governmental organizations implementing ECD / Health projects;
- Draft internal and external reports;
- Conduct research and collect best practices on child health and ECD related matters, projects, international standards and new trends, in order to keep the office abreast of recent developments;
- Support the overall functioning of the ECD Health Section, with other relevant tasks assigned on an on-going basis, as needed
Modality: Paid – Fulltime
Tentative start date: September, 30, 2022
Duration: 4 months
Apply for Taibah University Undergraduate Scholarship In Saudi Arabia (Fully Funded)
To qualify as a [champion] for every child you will…
- University degree in Public Health, Early Childhood Development, Nutrition, Social Science, or other relevant disciplines
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience (up to 2 years) in field of early childhood development
- Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded;
- Previous working experience with civil society organization or intergovernmental organization in the area of child protection
- Good knowledge of international standards related to child protection and child rights
- Excellent knowledge of the country’s political and governmental system
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English
- Demonstrated ability in communicating with various audiences in local language and in English
- Age requirement: UN inters should be 19 and 29 years old throughout the duration of their service.
Apply for KAUST Internship In Saudi Arabia (Fully Funded)
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
ITEC Courses From The Government Of India Ministry Of External Affairs
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on sexual exploitation and abuse, and on any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Advertised: 07 Sep 2022 Arab Standard Time
Deadline: 23 Sep 2022 Arab Standard Time
Apply for SBW Berlin Undergraduate And Masters Scholarships In Germany (Fully Funded)
UNICEF, also known as the United Nations Children’s Fund, is a United Nations agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide. The agency is among the most widespread and recognizable social welfare organizations in the world, with a presence in 192 countries and territories.
Headquarters: New York, NY
Apply for University Of Bucharest Summer Scholarship In Romania | Fully Funded
UNICEF in Europe
UNICEF works in 22 countries and territories in Europe and Central Asia Region1 (ECAR) and is present in Italy, targeting refugee and migrant populations. Since mid-March in ECAR, COVID-19 cases increased in Armenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Moldova, North Macedonia, and Serbia.
Apply for Islamic University Madinah Scholarship
What does UNICEF do for education?
UNICEF’s Education in Emergency initiative provides safe spaces and educational materials to help displaced and refugee children who have been forced out of school to get back to learning.
UNICEF Canada is working with Faculties of Education across Canada, with funding provided by CIDA’s Global Classroom Initiative and UNICEF Canada. This partnership increases the number of Canadian teachers and students practicing global education and children’s rights education, by enhancing teachers’ abilities to integrate curriculum-mandated teaching and learning for global citizenship in their classrooms.
UNICEF CANADA’S GLOBAL CLASSROOM MANAGERS ARE WORKING WITH THE FOLLOWING UNIVERSITIES:
- University of Prince Edward Island (UPEI):
- University of Ottawa
- University of Toronto Ontario Institute for Studies in Education
- Université du Québec à Montréal – Faculté des sciences de l’éducation
Département d’éducation et pédagogie
- Université de Sherbrooke – Département de l’enseignement au préscolaire et au primaire:
- University of British Columbia (UBC)
- University of British Columbia Okanagan (UBCO)
- Vancouver Island University (VIU)
For jobs from UNICEF visit: UNICEF Jobs Page
Your chance to enroll in US EMBASSY English Language COURSES