About King Abdullah University KAUST
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology is a research university for graduate studies with international standards. We hope that King Abdullah University of Science and Technology will be a beacon of knowledge, a bridge of communication between civilizations and peoples and that it fulfill its lofty humanitarian mission.
Why We Recommend KAUST
Each year they select 130 students in 150+ available projects from around the world for the KAUST Internship Program. The university attracts distinguished talents from the Kingdom and all over the world and is working to develop them. It also invests in promising and proven minds and helps them discover their intellectual potential through scholarship and research. KAUST applies the highest academic and professional practices in recruitment and promotion procedures.
Apply for Islamic University Madinah Scholarship
KAUST Internship details
- Host Country: Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- University: King Abdullah University
- Number of accepted: 130 each year
- Duration: 3 to 6 months
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: Accepting applications throughout the year
Funding Provided for the Internship
As mentioned above, the Summer Internship at King Abdullah University in Saudi Arabia is a fully funded internship for international students. All expenses will be covered. VSRP is a free Internship abroad in Saudi Arabia and also paid Internship. The full benefits are:
- USD 1000 Monthly Stipend
- Private Bedroom/Bathroom
- Visa And Airfare Fees
- Health Insurance
- Social And Cultural Activities
- Access to Core laboratories and major research and community facilities
Fields of training in the Internship of King Abdullah University
King Abdullah University Internship in Saudi Arabia offers international students a wide range of fields which are given below:
- Environmental Science
- Mathematical Science
- Physical Science
- Biological & Related Fields.
- Chemical Science
- Materials Science & Engineering
- Applied Physics
- Materials Science & Engineering
- Earth Science and Engineering
- Energy Resources and Petroleum Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Official Transcript(s) in English from current and previous institutions
- Letter of Recommendation
- Valid Passport
- Statement of purpose
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Undergraduate students in 3rd year or above and Masters Students.
- Current PhD candidates, KAUST students or KAUST alumni are ineligible to apply
- GPA 3.5/4 or 14/20 (ECTS B)
- Strong verbal and written English Skills
- Recommended levels, minimum TOEFL score of 79 on the IBT (Internet Based Test) or 6.5 on the IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
The length of the program ranges anywhere between 3- to 6-months, depending on the type of research. This will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
The Visiting Student Research Program (VSRP) is a unique program that offers students the chance to conduct innovative research at KAUST. Through this landmark internship, talented students can undertake an experimental study of carbon-free combustion or explore the untapped potential of CRISPR-Cas9 technologies. With research opportunities that span the breadth of the scientific and engineering fields, driven students with an insatiable curiosity and strong academic performance can gain unparalleled opportunities to pursue their research questions under the guidance and support of KAUST faculty mentors. Get ready to contribute your ideas to an international research community.
Apply for OECD Internship Program In France
Selection and Approval PROCESS for VSRP Internship
What happens after you’ve applied?
- Once all requirements have been submitted, your complete application will be reviewed and you may be contacted by the faculty member for a Skype interview to discuss your academic, your research background and to learn more about your interest in the internship.
- If you are selected to move forward, you will receive an invitation to schedule a Skype interview with the Office of Admissions, where we will discuss any questions you may have about life at KAUST and hear more about you.
- If you are approved, you will receive an email acceptance letter following the interview.
- Finally, a travel advisor will get in touch with you to help make a smooth relocation to the KAUST campus.
KAUST international partnerships expand opportunities for students to join our faculty as research interns or as full-time students through structured programs. KAUST and our partners share a common goal to advance science and technology through collaborative research and education while addressing challenges of national, regional, and global significance.
Our international partners are located in over 20 countries, with formal agreements that range from general MoUs to agreements for Ph.D. Dual Degrees arrangements, visiting student research program agreements, and double-degree tracks through structured programs. If your University is a KAUST partner, please feel free to contact us for more information or visit your University’s International Office.
THE DESTINATION FOR SCIENTIFIC AND TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCEMENTS
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) is at the forefront of research, influencing the global research agenda. It’s dedicated to advancing innovation through science, technology, and engineering via interdisciplinary research and education models. At KAUST, students, faculty, scientists, and engineers conduct curiosity-driven and goal-oriented research.
Envisioned as a destination to nurture the great minds of tomorrow, the university is devoted to finding solutions for some of the world’s most pressing scientific and technological challenges. It’s a community of people from more than 100 countries that have come together with a common goal.
This is where people believe in science that matters. This is where diversity of ideas and backgrounds enrich research and change lives. This is the place for you to dive into your research dream and turn it into a reality.
KAUST Fellowship with unmatched benefits. Freedom to focus solely on work. The right environment to make a meaningful impact.
Combines science and engineering, and brings together perspectives from a variety of specializations to find solutions to fundamental problems.
Superior Research Facilities
Fostering an ideal environment for experimental research. Providing access to cutting-edge equipment, research centers, core labs, and major facilities.
Support for Entrepreneurs
Hosts leading international corporations. Supports the incubation and acceleration of new businesses. Offers innovation and economic development programs.
The University’s award-winning campus is a diverse community on the shores of the Red Sea, offering a unique environment to live, learn and thrive.
The English language courses offered by US EMBASSY are one of the best courses in the English language.