The University of Twente is a Dutch university, focusing on research-oriented academic programs and introducing students to laboratories in nanotechnology and biomedicine, geographic information, behavioral sciences, governance, information technology, earth observation, technical medicine and engineering.
Excellent candidates for this international scholarship will be selected in the Netherlands where they will get a chance for one of the amazing Honors programs with Design Honors, Change Leaders or Research Honors. Moreover, students will get a chance to be a promising UT alumni.
- Host country: The Netherlands
- Host University: University of Twente
- Degree program: Master’s degree program
- Application deadline: May 1, 2021
fields of study
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Physics
- Biomedical engineering
- Business Management
- Business Information Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering and Management
- Communication Sciences
- Computer science
- Construction and Engineering Management
- Educational science and technology
- electrical engineering
- Embedded systems
- Environmental and Energy Management
- European Studies
- Health sciences
- Industrial Design Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Interaction technology
- Mechanical Engineer
- the Nano technique
- Philosophy of science, technology and society
- Public Administration
- Sustainable energy technology
- Systems and Control
Funding provided in the Scholarships
- The scholar will receive 3,000 – 22,000 euros per year.
- Scholars will receive the guidance of international supervisors.
- Scientists will test and explore world-class research laboratories.
- The candidate may also apply for an additional scholarship, the Kipaji Scholarship Program.
In order to be eligible for a the University of Twente Scholarship, you should meet all the requirements below
- Application for an UT scholarship is a procedure separate from the application for course entry at the University of Twente. Regardless of funding, you will need to gain an admission letter first.
- You have been (provisionally) admitted to one of the qualifying UT Master programmes starting in the academic year 2021/2022 (September). Please note: After completion of your application, it may take up to 8 weeks before you receive the results.
- You must have a studentnumber.
- You have not graduated from a UT (under)graduate programme;
- You comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable);
- You comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills
- You are not eligible for a Dutch study loan;
- The University Twente Scholarship is a scholarship for excellent students. Typically this means that you belong to the best 5 to 10 percent of your class
How to apply
START YOUR APPLICATION
You have to apply for a Master’s programme first. Once you applied for a Master’s programme and received a (conditional) admission letter, you can apply for the scholarship with your student number. UTS is not available for Dutch and/or current UT students. The UTS is not available for Master’s programmes at the Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC). The UTS is not available for the pre-Master programme.