The Embassy of India, Sudan is happy to announce the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) Scholarship Scheme for pursuing Undergraduates/Postgraduates courses at Indian University/Institutes under “Africa Scholarship Scheme (00179”) in the Academic Year 202122. 60 scholarship slots are available for Sudan. Applications are to be made online as detailed below. The last date to apply is 30. April 2021.
The admission procedure will be as follows:
- The applications from interested students for academic year 202122 will be invited online through ICCR’s A2A Scholarship portal http://a2ascholarships.iccr.gov.in. The A2A Scholarship Portal will be operational from 15th March 2021 for foreign students to apply for admission. By 25 June 2021, concerning University will intimate whether the applications have been accepted/rejected.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age at the time of admission in Indian Universities / Institutes and not more than 30 years of age.
- (in) Students can apply to University/Institutes listed on A2A Scholarship Portal for admission through ICCR. Applications are to be directly sent by students to the respective universities they select
- Applicants can apply to 5 Universities / Institutes in the order of their preference of study. The admission, as far as possible, shall be given as per the applicant’s preference.
- The guidelines of all schemes are available on the Portal. Students are advised to visit University / Institute website and go through courses offered, eligibility criteria, and general information about the university/institute before applying for admission. The students should ensure that they are eligible for the course and meet the eligibility criteria and should submit relevant documentation as required by the Universities in addition to the basic certificates mentioned in the application form.
- The Online applications submitted by students will directly go to the A2A Portal page of opted universities. Universities will directly correspond with the applicant/student to decide on eligibility to issue provisional admission. Once found eligible university will upload the offer of provisional admission on the A2A Portal.
- Those students found not eligible will be notified by the university through an automated process directly as per the timeline of the admission process i.e after 25th June 2021.
- Applicants will be required to submit a 500-word essay in English to ascertain English Proficiency. Applicants can also submit their TOFEL/ IELTS etc. Standardized Test scores, if available.
- ICCR is also requesting university / Institutes to conduct interviews of the applicants Online if so required. There will be no separate English Test by Mission, which was one reason for the delay in processing.
- For BE/ B. Tech courses Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM) are compulsory in 11 and 12 grades of schooling and it is a mandatory requirement for Engineering Courses. Mark sheets for each (i.e level 10 and 10+2 level of school should be uploaded along with the transcripts in English. The application will not be considered without an English translation of documents if the original documents are not in English. It may also be noted that incomplete applications will be summarily rejected by universities if documents are not in English or English translation is not provided.
- ICCR does not arrange admission in Medical / Paramedical (Nursing Physiotherapy / Anaesthesia etc.). Fashion Courses.
- The disbursement of scholarship payment to selected students will be through Public Financial Management System (PFMS), viz direct benefit transfer.
- Applicants to note that compulsory personal medical insurance is a mandatory requirement for availing of ICCR’s scholarship. It is compulsory for all ICCR scholarship students to procure a Medical Insurance policy with a minimum sum assured for Indian Rupees Five Lakhs which is equivalent to US$6800 per annum.
- Applicants are advised to familiarise themselves with the educational institute and the living condition in the place of study they are opting for.
- Students may prefer to stay in the Hostel of the institution if available for security purposes. However, students are allowed to stay in private accommodation if the concerned institute does not insist on staying in their hostel.
- Detailed guidelines on the process of applying for ICCR Scholarships online on the A2A Portal and the procedure and norms governing the same are given on the
www .a2ascholarstrips .kcr. gov. in.
- For any clarification you may please contact Mr. Narayan Singh, Second Secretary (POL&ITEC)), Embassy of India, Sudan at [email protected]gov.in, Telephone:-183-574001/2/3.