Delft University of Technology is the oldest permanent technical university in the Netherlands and its mission is to balance our pursuit of academic excellence on a world-class level on the one hand and to provide high-quality education and specialized solutions to societal problems on the other hand.
TU Delft is number 1 among the largest campuses worldwide with 161 hectares that is home to a comprehensive framework for ensuring external and internal quality of teaching and research. TU Delft has well-equipped laboratories, workstations and unique large-scale technology research facilities. It contains a digital learning environment, a secure website for all university-related inquiries, and advanced educational resources and tools for staff and students designed to support and enhance teaching and learning.
Application deadline: May 18, 2021
Host University: Delft University of Technology
Course level: Bachelor’s and master’s degrees
The country of study is Netherlands
Funding provided in the Scholarships
IAWA funding for females at Delft University of Technology will cover $ 5,000 in tuition for the course.
Conditions for submission
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Aerospace Engineering.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet all of the following / specific criteria:
- The applicant must be a female.
- The applicant must be registered/accepted into TU Delft Aerospace Engineering.
- The applicant must have a good GPA
- Must have a passion for a career in aviation or space
- The applicant should really need financial support.
Proof of English proficiency
In order to be considered for a position at VTI, you have to prove that your English is at a sufficient level.
One of the following certificates:
- A TOEFL iBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-Based Test) with an overall band score of at least 90 and a minimum score of 21 for each section.
- An IELTS (academic version) with an overall Band score of at least 6.5 and a minimum of 6.0 for each section.
- A Cambridge Assessment English. Only the following are accepted:
- C1 Advanced (Certificate of Advanced English) with an overall score of 176 and a minimum of 169 for each section.
- C2 Proficiency (Certificate of Proficiency in English) with an overall score of 180 and a minimum of 169 for each section
The following English language certificates are accepted:
- TOEFL iBT
When registering for the test, indicate TU Delft’s institutional code, 0031. If you have already taken the test and did not indicate TU Delft’s institutional code, then check the test organisation’s website on how to provide TU Delft access to your scores.
- IELTS (academic version)
- Cambridge Assessment English
- C1 Advanced (Certificate of Advanced English)
- C2 Proficiency (Certificate of Proficiency in English)
Certificates older than two years will not be accepted.
Instead of your English language certificate, you may also upload a screen print from the test organization’s website with your test results. Your name and date of your test must be clearly visible in the screenshot.
How to apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must complete the university application form and the attached application form (PDF) to receive this opportunity.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit the following
- Write an essay that includes an outline of your interests – why you are passionate about flying, what excites you in your studies, the achievements you are proud of, what profession you are interested in pursuing, the extracurricular activities you commit to (like clubs, work, and volunteering), and what this app will mean for you.
- Resume / CV
- Recommendation letters
- School transcripts
- Sample of any previously written articles or materials.
- Admission requirements: Students must possess a previous degree certificate with remarkable results.
- Language requirements: The applicant must submit the documents required by the university as evidence of English language proficiency.