The Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship programme offers 24 full scholarships of € 30,000 (including tuition fee waiver and a monthly stipend) each academic year for highly talented students from outside the European Union (EU) who have been admitted to a master’s programme at UM.
The Scholarship programme consists of both the High Potential Scholarship (funded by the Maastricht University Scholarship Fund), and the Holland Scholarship, which is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science in conjunction with Dutch universities and universities of applied sciences. It is aimed at international students from outside the EU/EEA who wish to follow a full degree programme in the Netherlands.
Apply for King Fahd University Scholarship For Master’s And Doctoral Studies In Saudi Arabia (Fully Funded)
If you want to study in the Netherlands, you can apply for the Maastricht University Scholarships, which are offered to international students of different nationalities around the world who want to have the opportunity to start studying for a master’s degree in the Netherlands for academic year 2023-2024. Scholarships help advance your academic and career goals by removing financial barriers in order to cover study expenses.
Apply For Istanbul Youth Summit (IYS) International Conference In Istanbul Turkey – 2023 Fully Funded Program
About Maastricht University
Maastricht University was founded on January 9, 1976. The University of Maastricht is regularly one of the leading universities in Europe. The university is ranked among the top 300 universities in the world by five major ranking tables.
Apply for Mandela Washington Fellowship (Traineeship) For Young African Leaders
Why choose to study at Maastricht University?
Maastricht University (UM) is known for its problem-based learning system and international orientation. The International Classroom on a small scale brings together people from all over the world with different backgrounds and viewpoints.
- Application deadline: February 1, 2023
- Host University: Maastricht University
- Study level: Master’s degree
- Number of scholarships available: 24 full scholarships in the Netherlands
- Country of study: Netherlands
Apply for Koç University Scholarship To Study Bachelor’s, Master’s, And Doctoral Degrees In Turkey | Fully Funded
Programs Offered by Scholarships at Maastricht University
MU offers master’s programs in the following areas:
- Arts and Social Sciences
- Health, medicine, and life sciences
- science and engineering
- Psychology and Neuroscience
- Law, Business and Economics
Apply for Google Career Certificates (Free courses for the most important areas of the labor market)
Amount of the UM Holland-High Potential scholarship programme 2023-2024
|Living expenses||€ 12,350* (13 months) or € 23,750* (25 months)||Paid to students by the UM International Services Desk|
|Health & liability insurance||€ 700*||Arranged for and paid by the UM International Services Desk|
|Visa application costs||€ 192||Arranged for and paid by the UM International Services Desk|
|Tuition fees||At cost||Arranged for and paid by the UM International Services Desk|
|Pre-Academic Training costs||At cost||Arranged for and paid by the UM International Services Desk|
Apply for Bilkent University International Undergraduate, Masters And Ph.D. Scholarships In Turkey | Fully Funded
Who is eligible?
All candidates must meet the following requirements:
- You hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA, Switzerland or Surinam and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- You do not hold a double nationality from an EU/EEA country.
- You have applied for admission to a participating full-time master programme at Maastricht University for the 2023-2024 academic year.
- You meet the specific admission requirements of the UM master programme to which you have applied.
- You have never participated in a degree-seeking higher education programme in the Netherlands. Students who have completed exchange programmes in the Netherlands are welcome to apply.
- You are not older than 35 years of age on 1 September 2023.
- You have obtained excellent results during your prior education programmes, as demonstrated by your latest grade transcript or certified by academic excellence. If several applicants are equally qualified, UM will give preference to applicants whose academic transcript or certified letter of academic excellence demonstrate that they are among the top 5% of the 2023-2024 scholarship programme applicants.
Please note, this is a very competitive scholarship, only 2% of the applicants get awarded the scholarship.
Apply for European Union Traineeships Program Fully Funded
Please note that only the following Master’s programs are eligible for the UM-Holland
High Potential Scholarship 2023-2024:
Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences
- MA Arts and Culture: Arts and Heritage: Policy, Management and Education
- MA Arts and Culture: Contemporary Literature and Arts: Cultural Interventions and Social Justice
- MA Arts and Culture: Modern Political Culture: Ideas and Discourses in Context
- MA European Public Affairs
- MA European Studies on Society, Science and Technology
- MA European Studies: spec. Europe in a Globalising World
- MA European Studies: spec. European Politics and International Relations
- MA European Studies: spec. European Public Policy and Administration
- MA Globalisation and Development Studies
- Research Master Cultures of Arts, Science and Technology
- Research Master European Studies
- MA Media Studies: Digital Cultures
Apply for: Chevening Masters Scholarships In UK 2023/2024
Faculty of Law
- LLM European Law School: spec. European Law & Market Integration
- LLM European Law School: spec. European Public Law & Governance
- LLM European Law School: spec. General programme
- LLM Forensics, Criminology and Law
- LLM Globalisation and Law: spec. Corporate and Commercial Law
- LLM Globalisation and Law: spec. General programme
- LLM Globalisation and Law: spec. Human Rights
- LLM Globalisation and Law: spec. International Trade and Investment Law
- LLM International and European Tax Law: spec. International and European Tax Law
- LLM International and European Tax Law: spec. Customs and International Supply Chain Taxation
- LLM International and European Tax Law: spec. Tax and Technology
- LLM Advanced Master in Intellectual Property Law and Knowledge Management
- MSc Advanced Master in Intellectual Property Law and Knowledge Management
Also, apply for Fully Funded Scholarships For Master Of Science (M.Sc.) Engineering Programs At Qassim University Saudi Arabia
Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences
- MSc Biomedical Sciences
- MSc Epidemiology
- MSc Global Health
- MSc Governance and Leadership in European Public Health
- MSc Health Education and Promotion
- MSc Healthcare Policy, Innovation and Management
- MSc Human Movement Sciences: spec. Health and Rehabilitation
- MSc Human Movement Sciences: spec. Sports and Nutrition
- MSc Work, Health and Career
- Health Food Innovation Management
Faculty of Science and Engineering
- MSc Systems Biology
- MSc Biobased Materials
Faculty of Psychology & Neuroscience
- MSc Forensic Psychology
- MSc Psychology: spec. Cognitive Neuroscience
- MSc Psychology: spec. Development Psychology
- MSc Psychology: spec. Health and Social Psychology
- MSc Psychology: spec. Neuropsychology
- MSc Psychology: spec. Legal Psychology
- MSc Psychology: spec. Work and Organisational Psychology
- Research Master Cognitive and Clinical Neuroscience: spec. Neuropsychology
Apply for Pan African University Scholarships Funded By The African Union
School of Business and Economics
- MSc Economics
- MSc Economics and Strategy in Emerging Markets
- MSc Digital Business and Economics
- MSc Econometrics and Operations Research
- MGSoG: MSc Public Policy and Human Development
- MSI: MSc Sustainability Science, Policy and Society
Duration of the UM Holland-High Potential scholarship
- 13 months for a one-year master programme
- 25 months for a two-year master programme
Step 1: Register for one of the participating master programmes at UM
For further details on how to register for a master programme at UM, please see your prospective programme’s webpage. Once you have submitted your application via Studielink, you will receive a student ID number for UM. You will need a student number in order to complete and submit the Scholarship Application Form (see Step 2 below).
- Please note: only the master programmes in the list above are eligible for a UM Holland-High Potential Scholarship.
- Please note: you first have to apply for the master programme at UM to receive your student ID, as soon as you have your student ID you can apply for the scholarship. However, you must be conditionally approved for admission to your master programme in order to be awarded a scholarship.
- Please note: if your study programme requires the payment of a handling fee as part of your programme’s admissions procedure, the UM International Services Desk does not cover handling fees. You are responsible for paying any handling fee your programme may require by 1 February 2023. To check whether your programme requires the payment of a handling fee, please check your programme’s webpage under the menu tab ‘Admission requirements’.
Step 2: Please fill in the application form, you need to log in with your UM account
Please use this link to fill out the application form. We can only accept applications via the application form.
Upload the following documents in .doc, .docx or PDF format, and submit your application. Please note that you will only be able to submit your application once, so please ensure that all of your documents and referee contact details are up-to-date. If you have applied for multiple UM study programmes, the UM International Services Desk will ensure that your complete scholarship application is considered for all eligible programmes for which you have a conditionally approved or approved admissions status.
- Curriculum Vitae
Your CV should be up-to-date, contain relevant information about your education and (job) experience, and should not be longer than two A4 pages.
- Letter of motivation
Please use the template for the motivation letter. This template will focus on your motivation for the scholarship.
- Proof of academic excellence
You may upload one of the following documents in order to prove your academic excellence:
1. Your university transcript that explicitly states your grade point average or class ranking (i.e. first class honours) for your entire study programme; or,
2. A letter signed by your institution’s Head of Department or Registrar stating that you are one of the top 20 students in the graduating year of your study programme. Please ensure that the letter contains the contact details of your Head of Department or Registrar.
- Personal statement of financial needs. Please explain why you would benefit from being awarded a scholarship and describe your personal circumstances such as financial difficulty, sole parent/caretaking responsibilities, medical condition, disability, refugee status etc.
- A reference letter. We have prepared scholarship reference letter guidelines; please forward them to your referee, as they will help your referee to write a good reference letter on your behalf. Please note that referees must be (former) professors, lecturers, or employers, and not family members. Recommendation letters should be dated and written no earlier than February 2022
- The contact details of one referee
Please note that we might check the authenticity of your referee by contacting your referee. Therefore, ensure that you take the following steps when choosing a referee and submitting their details:
– Relationship to applicant; indicate your referee’s connection to you. Is this your professor, thesis supervisor, employer? Please remember that family members may not function as referees.
– Work telephone number of your referee; be sure to include the applicable country calling code.
– Work or institutional email address of your referee. Letters referencing only a personal email address will be rejected.
Step 1: The UM International Services Desk checks if all applications are complete after 1 February 2023.
Step 2: The UM International Services Desk sends all complete applications to each UM Faculty in February 2023.
Step 3: Each Faculty selects and ranks their top 5% of scholarship applicants and sends these to the UM International Services Desk for a final check in March 2023.
Step 4: The UM International Services Desk confirms the Faculty selections by the end of March 2023.
Step 5: The UM International Services Desk will inform all candidates of their application status in April 2023. Your status will be selected, waitlisted or rejected by the beginning of May 2023 at the latest. Waitlisted application statuses will be changed to selected or rejected by May 2023. Scholarship awardees will receive more information about the UM Pre-Academic Training programme and arrival in Maastricht upon receiving their award letters. The UM Pre-Academic Training is a three-week mandatory component of the UM Holland-High Potential Scholarship programme. The Pre-Academic Training takes place in August 2023.
Step 6: You must sign and return the award letter to the UM International Services Desk to accept the scholarship.