The Bank Internship Program (BIP)
The Bank Internship Program is now accepting applications through January 31st for its Summer Term (May – September 2022). The Bank Internship Program (BIP) offers highly motivated individuals an opportunity to be exposed to the mission and work of the World Bank. The internship allows individuals to bring new perspectives, innovative ideas and research experience into the Bank’s work, while improving skills in a diverse environment. In addition, it is a great way to enhance CVs with practical work experience. Internships are available in both development operations and other business units (such as Human Resources, Communications, Accounting, etc.) however, availability during a given internship term is based on business need. To access the application, please click the apply button, noting that only selected candidates will be contacted.
About the Program
During the paid internship opportunity at the World Bank each brilliant student is allowed to enrich his career development through quality-oriented professional work techniques while improving professional skills in a diverse environment throughout the internship. Furthermore, the Bank’s internship program encourages bright minds to express their ideas and advance the best possible explanations through effective learning and development assignments. Candidates get the opportunity to work in collaboration with people from different social, cultural, political, religious, ethnic and economic backgrounds while contributing their essential role to the economy of their home countries in particular and the USA in general, through tolerant and superior professional competencies. Furthermore it,
The World Bank Group Internship Program 2022 improves students’ job profiles and helps them hone their professional skills throughout their internship at the World Bank needed to gain a competitive advantage in the international job market. Furthermore, this international internship program provides students with multiple areas of expertise and helps them analyze critical concerns of importance to the prosperity of society. Being a diverse organisation, participants of all nationalities are welcome there. Moreover, their professional social networks are created in a global community, in this way. World Bank internships allow people to come up with innovative ideas, research experiences, and new perspectives to better develop World Bank projects that address issues prevailing in society.
The World Bank is seen as one of the best organizations in the world, and is known for putting people at the center of a green, resilient and inclusive recovery. It gives people access to quality-oriented education and well-equipped training along with health services, social protection and gender equality. He envisions that providing benefits to men and women with better opportunities can always eradicate the roots of poverty and people will enjoy a productive life together. For this, the World Bank eagerly pursues a partnership of 189 member countries, a broad staff strength, and a number of offices with the aim of working towards sustainable development. Moreover, the World Bank is known as one of the largest centers of finance and knowledge for developing countries.
- Host Country: United States of America
- Training period: 4 months
- Financial coverage: fully funded
- Application deadline: January 31, 2022
Training areas available in the program:
- Public health
- Urban planning
- Natural resources management
- Human Resources Management
- Information Technology
- Treasury and corporate services.
- Candidates are given an opportunity to learn about American culture and history.
- Candidates from developing countries are encouraged to envision their dreams of a foreign internship.
- Candidates are provided with advanced technology processing knowledge.
- Candidates will receive hourly salaries.
- Candidates will receive travel expenses of up to US$3,000.
- Candidates must have a university degree and be enrolled in an MA or Ph.D.
- There is no age limitation.
- English language proficiency is required.
- Fluency in French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese or Chinese is preferred.
- Computing skills preferred.
- Women are more encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
- Applicants must apply online through the World Bank website.
- You will be asked to register yourself first.
- Complete the application form within 90 minutes with uploading supporting documents.
- Make sure to complete all relevant fields.
- Make sure that the upload files should not exceed 5MB and should be in doc, .docx or pdf format.
- Make sure to complete the application form carefully. Once you complete and submit it, you cannot edit it.
- After submitting your application, you will receive an email stating your application number.
- Curriculum vitae or CV.
- Complete the application form with the other documents.
- Statement of purpose.
- Proof of enrollment in a postgraduate degree.
Your Chance to apply for: Romania Government Scholarship (Fully Funded)
All applications are stored in a database which is consulted by hiring Managers based on business needs. Please note that candidates will not hear from us unless they are shortlisted by a hiring Manager that is looking to hire an intern. Managers have access to the Internship database from February – July (Summer Internship) and from November – January (Winter Internship). We do not have a pre-identified number of positions for interns per season. For each season, hiring is solely based on business needs.
About The World Bank
The World Bank is an international financial institution that provides loans and grants to the governments of low- and middle-income countries for the purpose of pursuing capital projects.
Headquarters: Washington, D.C.
Who is the World Bank owned by?
member nationsThe organizations that make up the World Bank Group are owned by the governments of member nations, which have the ultimate decision-making power within the organizations on all matters, including policy, financial or membership issues.