FAO Internship Program of the United Nations 2022 | paid Internship (Programme for Africa (RAF))
|26/08/2022 12:59:00 AM
|Regional Office for Africa and Subregional Offices and Country/Liaison Offices under this region
|Type of Requisition:
|From 3 months to 11 months
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background, and culture.
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member nations, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct and to uphold FAO’s values.
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives, and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority, and discrimination.
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations leads international efforts to defeat hunger and achieve food security for all and make sure that people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active healthy lives. With over 194 member states, FAO works in over 130 countries worldwide. We believe that everyone can play a part in ending hunger.
The Internship Programme of Human Resources aims to attract talented young women and men who are strongly motivated to share their new perspectives, innovative ideas, and latest research experience in FAO’s domains. The Programme provides a learning opportunity to the participants to supplement their academic knowledge with a practical work assignment in a field related to the work of FAO. Through the FAO internship experience, interns will contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals and FAO’s Strategic Framework to support the 2030 Agenda through the transformation to MORE efficient, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable agri-food systems for better production, better nutrition, a better environment, and a better life, leaving no one behind.
The intern will report to an assigned supervisor.
The intern will be assigned to different fields of work according to his/her profile and to the needs of the Organization.
Tasks and responsibilities
The intern will perform the functions specified in the Terms of Reference (TOR) prepared by the hiring office before the beginning of the assignment.
Why you might choose to apply for the FAO Training Program of the United Nations
The Human Resources Internship Program aims to attract talented young women and men who are highly motivated to share their new perspectives, innovative ideas and latest research expertise in the areas of FAO.
The program provides an educational opportunity for participants to supplement their academic knowledge with a practical work assignment in an area related to the work of FAO. Through the FAO internship experience, the interns will contribute to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and the FAO Strategic Framework to support the 2030 Agenda by shifting to more efficient, inclusive, resilient and sustainable agri-food systems for better production, better nutrition, better environment, and better lives. , without leaving anyone behind.
Details about the Program
- Donor:- Food and Agriculture Organization FAO
- Scholarship type: Training
- Training period: 3-11 months
- Venue: All FAO regional offices
- Training field: in all areas related to the work of the organization.
- Application deadline: August 26, 2022
- Yeah. Interns will receive a stipend in local currency and not to exceed $700 USD per month. With this amount, trainees can easily manage other expenses.
- Gain many skills.
- An opportunity to learn while carrying out practical assignments related to the organization’s goals.
- Service-related medical coverage is also provided.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- Enrolled in an under-graduate, graduate degree programme in a “bona fide” educational institution at the time of application or recent graduate. Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http:// www.whed.net/
- Candidates must specialize in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
- Working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered an asset.
- Be nationals of FAO Member Nations.
- Candidates should be aged between 21 and 30.
- Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment and have good communication skills.
- Candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother or father) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not eligible for the Internship Programme.
- Candidates should have appropriate residence or immigration status in the proposed duty station prior to the start of the internship assignment.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Relevant academic study in one of the fields of the Organization.
Information to applicants
- Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non- and under-represented member nations as well as candidates from Small Island Developing States (SIDS), Least Developed Countries (LDCs) and Land-locked Developing Countries (LLDCs) are encouraged to apply to this Call for Expression of Interest.
- All applications will be reviewed and only qualified applicants will be directly contacted for interviews by the hiring office and contacted again, if selected.
- Candidates who have already undertaken an internship assignment at FAO, will not be eligible for another internship.
- FAO pays a monthly stipend to interns if they are not sponsored by sending universities or other entities.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
Your Chance to apply for: Romania Government Scholarship (Fully Funded)
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications and language skills.
- You are requested to attach a letter of motivation, the evidence of attendance in a recognized university or copy of your academic qualifications to the online profile;
- Once your profile is completed, please apply and submit your application;
- Your application will be screened based on the information provided on your online profile;
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list;
- Incomplete applications will not be considered;
- Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered;
- We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.